So I *would possibly* have talked about this already, however I’ve gone and written a e book – printed formally this Friday! ‘Closing the Vocabulary Hole’ has confirmed a labour of affection for the final eighteen months of my life and I’m proud to come up with it and ship it out into the world.
You possibly can learn theTES overview of my e book by Dr Jessie Ricketts HERE.
The e book is impressed by numerous experiences in my classroom and my faculty; a bunch of conversations with academics in any respect phases concerning the difficulties college students are going through in grappling with the brand new greater and more durable curriculum; and, lastly, a wealth of analysis proof on how we will ‘shut the vocabulary gaps’ that exists in our lecture rooms and past.
I wished to make sure that this e book provided insights and sensible options for academics at each key stage and part.To help this, I’ve added free assets to my weblog to run alongside the e book – making it extra consumer pleasant. I’ll certainly add to the assets, however now you can entry the next at RESOURCES obtainable on the primary menu:
- CTVG Infographic – it is a useful overview of the important thing suggestions from my e book.
- CTVG Studying Checklist – I’ve collated the important thing studying texts that supported the e book on a shareable facet of a4 (with a full model obtainable – together with web sites and tweeters – on my weblog).
- CTVG – 7 Methods for Exploring Unfamiliar Vocabulary’ – it is a companion useful resource to the SEEC mannequin, providing accessible methods to Discover an unfamiliar phrase.
- CTCG – SEEC mannequin – impressed by analysis from Graves, Marzano, Beck, Lemov and extra, this easy framework gives a transparent evidence-informed method to explicitly educating a brand new or unfamiliar phrase.
- CTVG – Subsequent Steps 10 Questions – this record of query prompts, from the ultimate chapter of my e book, gives some issues for tackling vocabulary at school.
- CTVG – Exploring Etymology PPT – this PPT gives a starter assets for exploring the etymology of particular person phrases.
- Cracking the Tutorial Code – Educate Secondary article – this text pertains to essential points of chapter 4 of my e book.
- One Phrase at a Time – Educate Secondary article – this text is an accessible approach in to the concepts and techniques developed in my e book.
Additionally, there’s a vary of upcoming blogs supporting vocabulary instruction, to go along with alongside these assets, with hyperlinks and prompts for academics and extra.
You possibly can seize a duplicate of the e book now:
Amazon (Paperback)- HERE
Amazon (Kindle) – HERE
Routledge – HERE
Waterstones – HERE